Do I dare say . . .
Egad, I've had a long hiatus from my blog. Last year was an insane year for me. So much going on! Here's the short list:
1. My youngest daughter got married. (Beautiful bride and wedding!)
2. My first grandbaby was born. (I am smitten!)
3. I had a new book published! (The Fox Inheritance!)
4. I wrote and had my first short story published! (Gargouille in Enthralled anthology!)
5. I wrote and had my second short story published! (The Rotten Beast from Tor!)
6. I went on a very long group book tour! (Pen Fatale tour!)
7. And . . . ta-da! During all of this, somehow I wrote ANOTHER book! (The third and final of The Jenna Fox Chronicles)
It still makes my head spin. I honestly don't know how I did it all, but I do know I was busy, and some things had to go by the wayside--like keeping up on my blog. And the gym. And cleaning. And . . .
So I'm hoping 2012 is a bit less hectic. I am finishing up revisions of the book I mentioned in #7. No title yet. My editor and I are still working on it, tossing around possibilities. It should be out this time next year.
And new stories ideas and characters have already come courting. I keep pushing them away which is what I always do with stories, and then finally, I succumb to the ones that just won't stop wooing me. But right now I will keep them at bay until I finish these revisions.
(Are revisions ever really ever finished? But that's another post.)